Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 October 2013

A word about blogging... Things 3, 4 and 5

So I have created my blog and once you get used to chatting away to yourself it becomes fairly easy to post.
The thing I like most about blogs is that they provide a way to store and comment on those bits and pieces you come across online and don't know what to do with.  For example, one of the main reasons for starting our work blog was to store and share things like the Eyes on Evidence Bulletins.

Some aspects of Blogger appear to be more straightforward than Wordpress (adding images and links) but the range of templates and widgets appears to be limited  - however it could be that I just haven't explored enough.

A couple of issues I have encountered have related to uploading images from my iPad.   It is frustrating that when using blogger on the iPad you don't get an option to upload files stored locally but you can do this on the PC version.  I really need to find a better method for storing, editing and uploading images from my digital camera.  I currently use a very old version of Adobe Premiere but I'm sure there is free online software which is more efficient and I really should investigate cloud storage for my photos - suggestions gratefully received.

I have not yet commented on anyone else's blog so will try to do that this evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment