Search This Blog

Friday 6 December 2013

I wanted to do so much more...

Well as usual I seem to have run out of time and not completed the bits I really wanted to.  I think part of the problem (in addition to trying to fit too much into life in general) is that I always want to go into too much depth and sometimes there just isn't the time.  For example, before posting this tonight I had planned to take a look at Creative Commons images and protopage.  Well I selected my image using wikimedia commons but then got bogged down in how the image should be attributed.  As it is now 10pm and I really need an earlier night  I thought I would abandon images and move onto my final post.

So my 19 things journey has involved creating my blog, creating a QR code and Wordle, viewing a few other blogs and making comments and considering browsers - not much to show for  my 19 things :(  I will not however abandon the cause completely. I will set aside some time to really explore some of the other "things" and will try to blog about them so I can keep a record of my progress.  I think it would have been good if as a local team we could have made time to meet up and work on some items together thus providing some mutual support and encouragement - I am hoping we may still be able to do this even though the "official" programme has closed.

I did enjoy doing the few things I completed but do feel frustrated at having been unable to complete more.  I can see that lots of the things have potential for work and am looking forward to creating an improved personal start page using protopage to replace a rather creaky Netvibes one that I created in haste sometime ago and never really used.

To improve the programme I would have reminded people on the helix mailing list that all the "things" are listed on the blog thus avoiding the need to find emails and I would have tried to encourage more interaction by making a separate "thing" to comment on other people's blogs.  It would have been good to have a virtual or real time meet up to discuss progress and encourage those like me to get on with it ! Thank you for the work put in to compiling and administrating the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment